Data Protection Framework
Customer and Citizen Data
You may decide to send us your personal information via this website if you are seeking more information, requesting a demonstration, or for other similar purposes. Your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary, and by doing so, you are taking an affirmative action by providing us with specific consent to use your personal data for the purposes for which you have disclosed it to us.
Podfather may access and use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us to (a) provide information to you, (b) make contact with you, (c) provide services to you, or (d) maintain the operations and security of the website and services we provide to you.
Where we identify a legitimate business interest, we may use personal data in the form of business contact details provided to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided.
We will at all times handle and store your personal data in accordance with industry best practice aligned with ISO 27001, the international standard for information security. This includes the activities and procedures undertaken by our own personnel and authorised third parties (see Section 5), and the technical controls which we have implemented to prevent unauthorised access, compromise or theft of information from our applications, supporting computer systems and premises.
Sensitive Personal Data
GDPR specifies a set of personal data categories which are “sensitive”, and which require special consideration by Data Controllers. This website, and any services available from this website, do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data.
Children’s Personal Data
This website, and any services available from this website, are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information without having parental consent, please contact the Company’s GDPR Lead (see below) immediately so that we can take appropriate action.
Customer and Citizen Data Rights
As prescribed within data protection regulations, you have specific rights connected to the provision of your personal data to Podfather using this website. These include your rights to request we:
- Confirm to you what personal data we may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes.
- Change the consent which you have provided to us in relation to your personal data.
- Correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we may hold about you.
- Provide you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere.
- Stop the processing of your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved.
- Permanently erase all your personal data promptly, and confirm to you that this has been done (there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this).
To contact Podfather, please see the ‘Contacting Podfather’ section below.
If Podfather does not address your request or fails to provide you with a valid reason why we have been unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. They can be contacted via their website (www.ico.org.uk) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
Declaration of Sub-Processing
To make an informed decision on whether to provide your personal data to Podfather using this website, we need to make you aware of the following organisations who act as Data Processors for us in the provision of our services to you:
Google LLC, based in the United States of America, who supply the email service where your contact requests are sent to, and analytics tools to track and report on website traffic. Google LLC uses Standard Contractual Clauses as a ground for data transfers from the EU to third countries by providing appropriate data protection safeguards, and has confirmed compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Google LLC also maintains ISO 27001, ISO 27017 and ISO 27018 certifications for information security.
Pipedrive OÜ, based in Estonia, who supply CRM services where we may store your contact requests. The services provided may be performed using equipment or facilities located in the European Union or the United States. Pipedrive’s US service providers are either Privacy Shield compliant or have executed Standard Contractual Clauses (as approved by the European Commission) that provide legal grounds for assuring that an adequate level of protection is provided.
Additional sub-processors used in the processing of data for a Podfather account will be outlined in the contract terms and conditions.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer, and from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our website. They are unique to you or your web browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser session. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them, or until they expire.
This Podfather website may include relevant hyperlinks to external websites not controlled by us. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be subsequently provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences from your use of them.
Use of Location, and other Data in the Podfather App
The Podfather App, available to download from both Android and iOS App stores, allows Podfather customers to track driver movements and collect real time updates regarding their vehicle fleet. Our customer drivers download the app onto a mobile device, which is linked to our back-office planning system.
The Podfather app is an essential part of our software offering which is used across a range of industry sectors.
When a user is logged in to the Podfather app or has the Podfather app open, we process the following data:
- Precise Location data, including background data which may be used for proof of delivery, estimated time of arrivals and device management. Location data is only collected when the user is logged in.
- Contact information which may be used for proof of delivery.
- User content, including messages sent within the app, electronic signature captures, bar code scans and photographs, which may be used for proof of delivery.
- Identifiers used for login and proof of delivery. For Android users we also record the device International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), excluding Android 10 and higher.
- Device usage data which may be used for customer system and system maintenance.
- Device diagnostics, including crash data and performance data which may be used for customer support and system maintenance.
Podfather App users need to have Location Services enabled for us to collect the information required for our customers to run their vehicle fleets more efficiently. We will always handle and store location data in accordance with industry best practice aligned with ISO 27001, the international standard for information security.
Podfather App – Managing Permissions
When you first download the Podfather app you will be asked to ‘Allow’ Podfather to access photos, media, and files on your device. Selecting Allow enables us to associate any Podfather related activity with your specific smart device. To confirm:
- Podfather will not have access to any personal contact information stored on the mobile device onto which the Podfather App has been downloaded.
- Podfather does not monitor or track any personal activity, calls or online interactions that are carried out using the mobile device onto which the Podfather App has been downloaded.
- Using the Podfather App does not give Podfather access to any other picture or video content stored on a given device; we only capture images within the app for proof of delivery purposes.
- The Podfather App will only track the smart device location when the user is logged into the App. Once you log out of the app the device is no longer tracked.
Frequently asked questions:
- Can the Podfather app access my personal pictures & contacts?
- No. Allowing access to photos and other media only allows Podfather to capture images and content stored against individual jobs. It does not allow Podfather access to any other material stored on the device.
- Does the Podfather app track my smart device all the time?
- No. Once you have Enabled Location Tracking, Podfather can only track the device location if you are logged into the Podfather app. Once you are logged out, Podfather is no longer tracking the device location.
- What happens if I have no mobile signal?
- If your device has no mobile signal don’t worry. Any job information carried out while you are out of network coverage will be stored in your device cache. If you are awaiting a new job, or an update to an existing job, then this will not appear on the device while there is no signal. As soon as you are back in range your device will update. Don’t be tempted to turn your device off if you are without network coverage.
- What if I have forgotten my password?
- These things happen! If you have forgotten how to log into the App contact your internal support team. Don’t be tempted to uninstall the App and reinstall it.
Verdant, 2 Redheughs Rigg
Ready to start your journey?
We’d love to show you how we could help your business through improved logistics planning. Get in touch today and let’s talk about what challenges you are currently facing in your business and how we could help you to overcome them.