For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is PODFather LTD, 6 REDHEUGHS RIGG, EDINBURGH, EH12 9DQ, UK.
The information that we collect from you
- We collect information about you when you register with us or use any of The PODFather’s services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies and analysed using Google Analytics
Uses made of the information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or any third parties that have contracted us to fulfil their agreements with you.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide our Customer Support team with information to help answer questions which may arise from daily usage.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may send you information about services and products of ours and other companies closely associated with The PODFather service which we think may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing from us, you may opt out at a later date by contacting us at info at podfather . com
- Where you have given us consent to do so, we would like carefully selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
- If you have consented to receive marketing from selected third parties, you may opt out at a later date by contacting us at info at podfather . com
When provision of service explicitly requires it (eg End User information to Hardware supplier for the provision of warranty).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets if contractually required
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Valley Technology, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
You may access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, please email info at podfather . com
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at info at podfather . com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and customers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we store your personal data